Connecting and Lodging: It is your responsibility to get to the motel, and there is air service/public transportation to all meeting places. We will meet the night before the trip at 6 PM in the lobby of one of the following motels, at which time we will hand out trip food and equipment, and conduct a brief safety meeting. We’ll set a pick-up time and leave for the trailhead early the next morning. We recommend the motels listed below for accommodations while in town. Note: It is your responsibility to secure your pre-trip and post-trip motel reservations; we do not do that for you!
Please inform the management that you are a Big Wild Client (some motels give client discounts). It is your responsibility to secure motel accommodations. These motels provide storage space for personal items while you explore the wilds and will help you find alternate accommodations if they are full. They’ll also allow you to park a personal or rental vehicle while you are in the wilds.
- Bozeman, Montana: Comfort Inn, 1370 N. Seventh Avenue, Bozeman, MT 59715, phone (406) 587-2322. firstname.lastname@example.org. Air service to Bozeman; call motel in advance for airport shuttle.
- Gardiner, Montana: Absaroka Lodge, Route 89 at the Yellowstone River Bridge, Gardiner, MT, phone (800) 755-7414 or (406) 848-7414. Air service to Bozeman; rent vehicle for drive to Gardiner. Major rental companies available. Or, Journey Rent-A-Car is economical and will give Big Wild Clients a 10% discount if you book by phone at 406-551-2277 and mention that you are a Big Wild Client. Amazing Taxi from airport to Gardiner at 406-223-5344 is another option, though more expensive.
- Missoula, Montana: Red Lion Inn, 700 West Broadway, Missoula, MT 59802, phone 406-728-3300 or 1-800-Red Lion . Call motel for airport shuttle.
- Jackson, Wyoming: Antler Motel, 43 W. Pearl Street, Jackson WY; phone (307) 733-2535 or (800) 522-2406. townsquareinns.com. Air service to Jackson, ground transport from airport to motel is available upon arrival. The owners of the Antler also own 3 other nearby motels, so if the Antler is full they may place you in one of their other Inns.
- Cedar City, Utah: Stratford Court Hotel, 18 S. Main, Cedar City, UT 84720, phone toll-free (877) 688-8884, or (435) 586-2433. Air service to Cedar City, call motel in advance for transport from airport to motel. The El Rey Inn and Suites is next door and owned by the same people.
- Tucson, Arizona: Airport La Quinta Inn, 7001 South Tucson Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85706, (520) 573-3333 or (800) 753-3757. Fly to Tucson, call motel for short shuttle.
- Great Falls, Montana: O’Haire Motor Inn, Seventh St. and First Ave. South, Great Falls, MT, (800) email@example.com. Air service to Great Falls, call motel for airport shuttle.
- Fairbanks, Alaska: Fairbanks Super 8, 1909 Airport Way, Fairbanks, AK; (907) 451-8888. Air service to Fairbanks, call motel for airport shuttle.
- Moab, Utah: Moab Valley Inn, 711 South Main, Moab, UT 84532, 800-831-6622 or 435-259-4419. For airport shuttle call either Nomad Cab 435-260-9986 or Coyote Shuttle 435-259-8656.
A word on fitness: Remember, backpacking requires a certain level of physical fitness. We strongly suggest that if you have any doubts about your health or capabilities that you visit your physician before signing up. Please visit our Physical Fitness page for more information on this important subject.
Please Note: Each trek is limited to 5-8 clients, depending upon the trip. When some trips fill, we can run a second group with another guide, doing a completely separate route. But for other trips, due to permit regulations and other factors, we cannot do this. So when such trips are full, we take no more reservations. All trips reservations are taken on a first-come, first-served basis.
Big Wild Adventures
222 Tom Miner Creek Road
Emigrant, MT 59027